Thursday, March 26, 2015

Lucidity interrupted

Dear God, I just stumbled on  my one and only post from about 6 years ago and am a little hot under the collar with embarrassment at my topic of choice.  Had totally forgotten about my lucid dreaming experiments. But maybe not...

I had a nightmare the other day. I was a man/ boy and I was talking to a formless seemingly feminine entity that resided in a really dark alcove. Or closet. Can't be sure. She was malevolent but I got the impression she was talking revenge. At certain times, I could see through her eyes  and the view before her was a darkened grey courtyard corridor. So while we are talking, I get attacked, somebody grabs me and holds my mouth open. I can't see them though, they are at the back. To my horror, they stab my pallet with an injection and press down the plunger. I'm gripped with terror. When they remove the needle, my mouth begins to fill with some terribly testing liquid which I compute to be either my super power giver, or my defense mechanism for I immediately spray it at my attacker. When he runs, believe it or not, I catch him and topple him.

At this point, things get weird; I am fully lucid and I really don't know what to do with him. So in the spirit of things, and probably because I am afraid to try and rationalize the dream, maybe by asking him who he is or what he thinks he is doing, I opt to bash his head on the ground. A hesitant once. A more determined twice, then a bored third. My jaw even elongates enough for me to bite him in the back of his head. At which point I decide things have gone to far. I disengage myself and stand back. Am not sure if I make excuses to the entity for not eating him or not, or whether she even asks me why I didn't 'finish him off'. Either way, at this point. I wake up. Scared.

This dream was unwarranted since I hadn't read any horror before I went to sleep. It however cast light on my secret wish to have superpowers.  I can readily explain why all the visible characters in my scene are white: I hardly see any black leads in my sci fi of choice. But why was I a man and not a woman? And what about my newly exposed violent streak; shouldn't I have run away screaming? But maybe thats just it, maybe prior to going in, I opted to be a man. Because men stand and fight. I should stand and fight in real life.

Anyways, I need to have more regular lucid dreams and hope to document more as we go on. Laters

No comments:

Post a Comment